Sunday, April 14, 2013

Expecting Rainbows

We moved here to escape the hustle and bustle of a life that was moving too quickly towards things we didn't want. In search of a more simple life we packed our belongings and headed East through canyons and craters, across mountains and streams.  Me on the verge of having a baby and Erin on the cusp of becoming a teen, we came. We were welcomed with warm hugs and a storm that took out power for days.  The winds calmed and the power came back on, but the storm hasn't stopped yet. It's easy to get caught up in the storm, to focus on the chaos. It's even easier to imagine that there is no storm somewhere else.  I find myself thinking "if I can just make it through this..." All the while I'm bracing myself for the next gust of wind or bolt of lightning.  I don't want to spend my life waiting out the storm or holding on tight for the next bad thing. So I'm going to start expecting the good. I'm going to watch for the rainbow.

No comments: